Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mr. Manly Signing Off



While shooting in Laguna I got some terrible news. One of my best friends, Erich Korte, had passed away in his sleep. I was devastated. He was in great shape, rode hundreds of miles a month on his bike. It just didn't make sense. I was thinking about this he is the first person I have ever known that died randomly, for no reason.

Mr Manly (as he is known and I won't go into the name other than to say it was well deserved) was the first person I met when I moved to Idaho in 1991. He lived next door. I won't turn this into an o-bit, but I will say he was the most remarkable, intelligent, funny, original, curious, unique people I have ever had the pleasure to know.

We logged many a mile together and did a lot of stuff that was, let's say, somewhat questionable. But we never got seriously injured, hurt any innocent bystanders and never lost a appendage. Manly in Stanley will never be the same and he will never be forgotton.

No comments: