Friday, February 20, 2009

Special Olympics









My daughter Kodi, Jimmy Boy and I just finished editing and posting some images from the 2009 Special Olympics Winter Games. I can't even describe how incredible it was to be in the throngs of so many special athletes.

Last Saturday, we photographed the opening ceremonies. Thousands of athletes, their coaches, families and friends were at the Idaho Center. It was a PAAAAARTY. Major party I say. Darius Rucker (Hootie from the Blowfish , Maria Shriver (Arrrnuuld's wife, Johnny Knoxville, Scott Hamilton and a host of dignitaries and bands were on hand to kick off the great week of competition.

During the week we shot the floor hockey, speed skating, and last Fri the closing ceremony. What a blast and what a special honor it was to be part of the great great event. I can't remember a time when I felt more proud to be a American, and more pleased I chose photography as my profession. It felt great to give back. We all recieved much more than we ever dreamed. To all the Special Atletes out there, we say thank you for sharing your great courage, your friendship, and your incredible spirit.

No comments: